Virtual Summer Show 2021
WELCOME TO THE VIRTUAL SHOW 2021
Due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19, unfortunately we cannot hold the 171st Annual Flower and Vegetable Show as intended. However we are excited to run this as we did in 2020 as a Virtual Summer Show, open to both members and non-members.
The show will still run on Saturday 28th August, but once against this year as a virtual show. What is a virtual show you might ask? As it isn't possible to physically display the entries, we have instead asked those passionate about gardening (beginners and experts) to enter the show by emailing photographs of entries. The photos will be uploaded to this website, so everyone can enjoy viewing the different entries for each of the classes. Our panel of judges will review the entries for each class, and select a winner and runner-up. The results will be displayed on the web site.
Show Schedule 2021
1. One vase of sweet peas - 6 spikes, one species/cultivar
2. One vase of herbaceous/perennials, three species/cultivar
3. One vase roses mixed species/cultivar
4. Tiny treasures from my garden – a petite arrangement not exceeding 25 cm overall
5. Two pot plants in flower, one per pot in 20 cm pots
6. One Patio container - single tier
7. Three onions grown from seed or sets
8. Nine pods runner beans
9. Three blanch leeks
10. Twelve small - fruited tomatoes
11. Container of different vegetable species/cultivars (maximum six) suitable for the kitchen
Age up to 10yrs
12. An animal created from a variety of vegetables
13. Three bee -friendly plants, grown in a wacky recycled container.
PHOTOGRAPHY- FOR ALL AGES
14. Perfect pollinators
To help everyone with their entries, we will provide some guidance and tips on taking photos closer to the time.
This show is all about celebrating the benefits of gardening, and we hope you will help keep the show going in its 171st year!